TRAVEL: 7 things to do in Holbox
Hi dears! How are you? This last weekend I escaped to Holbox in Quintana Roo, one of the most beautiful and relaxing islands in Mexico. I must say that I fell in love with the place, so here are my 7 favorite things!
By Andrea Ochoa / Photography: A. Ochoa & C. Martínez
1. Enjoy the sea: The color of the water in Holbox is beautiful, a mixture of crystalline tones, green and turquoise blue, where you can find small fish. If you dare, you can snorkel or dive in.
2. Look at murals around the town: One of the characteristics of Holbox are the colorful murals around town; walking in the city center you can find many of them.
3. Eat at Las Panchas: This is the typical place of Holbox. Their specialty is fish and seafood so, I recommend you try the octopus a la diabla!
4. Take a photo in the hammocks: Along the coast, some hotels have hammocks inside the sea so, why not to take the typical photo?
5. Have dinner at one of the restaurants in the town: There are many options to choose from, however, two of my favorite places were Milpa and Luuma, ideal for having dinner and drinks with friends.
6. Visit the Yum Balam reserve: Whether in a boat or walking on the cost, visiting this reserve is a must as it is the natural habitat of flamingos and pelicans, a true beauty.
7. Watch the sunset: My favorite part of the day, when the sky of Holbox is dressed in pink tones. You must see it from the beach.
Other typical activities in Holbox during the summer are also the Bioluminescence and the Whale Shark tours.
I hope you liked these little tips! Holbox is one of the most beautiful places I´ve ever seen, I highly recommend you visit it at least once in your life!
*How to get to HOLBOX: The most common way to visit Holbox is to take a flight to Cancun. From there take a transfer or ADO bus to Chiquilá, where ferries depart every half hour to Holbox.